Wednesday, October 23, 2013

James' Rep Tournament

“Come on boys lets win this match!” I said as we jogged out onto the pitch. I realised just how hard this match was going to be. I jogged over to my starting position and waited for kick off. A short sharp burst from the refs whistle signaled the start of play and another burst 40 minutes later ended our first match. Even though we had lost 4 - 0 we had all thoroughly enjoyed it and were looking forward to our next match. Sadly half way through our second match a kid from Canterbury red gave me a painful ankle injury. Luckily we had no more matches on that day. The next day we had a match against Nelson white which we lost 5 - 2 and another match against mid Canterbury. We all really wanted to win this match and thats what we did. We had a great start and put 2 balls in the back of the net. In the second half we only got better putting 4 more balls in the back of the net. The next day we had one last game against Malborough blue which was a 15th and 16th play off. we jogged out onto the field and waited for kickoff. As soon as the whistle blew we sprinted our hearts out and managed to gain a 4 - 0 lead at half time. In the second half we did really well and scored another 3 goals which left the score at 7 - 0. So we finished on a high and ended up getting 15th out of 20 I think. I was so happy the way I played and even though we did not do very well I was still really happy! So thats how reps went.

No comments: