Thursday, August 15, 2013

James Reading Response letter

Dear Megan and our blog readers                                                                 14.08.13


I have finished the Hatchet and I really enjoyed it. I thought the writer really did a good job with a really nice ending. I am now reading a book called Conrad’s fate written by Dianna Wynne Jones. So far this has been a fantastic book I’m so happy you gave it to me.

The book starts off with Con { who’s Conrad } talking about the Stallery mansion which he thinks is some kind of fairy tale castle.
His uncle and his father owned a book shop until his father demanded money and sold his half of the book shop to his uncle.
His father died a short time later. Con has been working for uncle Alfred for ages. When he had free time he would rock climb and do other dangerous things like his father. One day his uncle found him climbing Stall Crag. His uncle told him to never do it again other wise there would be consequences. That day Con was trying to find the last Peter Jenkins book.  He never found it and went back up to the house. The next morning Anthea declared that she was going to university because she hated the life she had at the moment. 

So far this has been a book that has not let me down. Con is a real character and I can not wait to read more about him. A fantastic book that I would think that most people would really enjoy.

Yours sincerely 

James

2 comments:

Dave Sampson said...

Great letter James. I can tell that you have enjoyed that book! What would you say was the main theme of the story? Were you able to make any connections between the text and yourself?
It is fantastic to have motivated learners at Ranzau!

Anonymous said...

Hi dave the main them of my story is fantasy because magic is very common.
I have made a few text to selfs because things are similar in richmond and where he is now.