Tuesday, April 05, 2011

The amazing game of Sicket.

"Ok let's have a boys line and a girls line." Catrina said.
I hope I'm in the bating side first. Ahead I could see Catrina pointing to the bating side
"Oh yes I'm batting first." I'm so exited I hope I don't get out strait away.

I hope we win. I haven't won a game of Sicket in ages. Finally it's my turn to bat. I go and pick up the bat. The ball seems to come in slow motion.
it finally reaches me. I swing. BANG!
Yes I hit it! I ran as fast as lightning to first bass.

What a great score we have! I can't believe we might actually win a game of Sicket. Bang! Went the bat and the ball as they connected. 'Mine' I shouted. I ran after the ball as fast as I could. Oh no I dropped it. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

Oh come on! Times up already, well at least we won, I thought. "Hamish I'll gather up all the hoops for you." I said. I handed the hoops to Hamish. 'Thanks.' He said. Slowly all the exitment I had slowly left me as I left the field. I went up to my Mum. 'Hey Mum guess what? We won Sicket and I nearly caught someone.' I could see her eyes twinkling as she said "Great effort Jed."

4 comments:

tamzin said...

Oh,that sounds like you had a lot of fun! What was the score?

Max said...

What a gr8 piece of writing even I couldn't write something like that!

Max said...

WOW! What a gr8 piece of writing ,even I couldn't write something like that. Nice job Jed

Mandy Frethey said...

I love your story Jed, I felt your excitement! It sounded like a great game. Better luck with the catch next time! :-)